Please read this document carefully as it will tell you everything you need to know about how we deal with each other when we carry out installation work in your home. If you have any questions, please let us know before you accept the quote.
These are the terms and conditions provided in additions to the Installation quotation.
1. We will carry out the work set out on your quote, for the price that is stated in it, under the following terms and conditions. All prices exclude VAT at the current rate.
2. Your quote is valid for 28 days and we must begin the work within 90 days of your acceptance. After this time your quote will no longer be valid and you will need to get another quote.
3. The price we quote does not include the cost of removing any dangerous waste materials, such as asbestos, that we could not reasonably identify when we gave you your quote. You can call a specialist contractor to remove these dangerous materials. When asbestos is removed, you will need to produce a ‘site clearance for reoccupation’ certificate, which you can get from the asbestos removal company, before we can continue to work at your property.
4. The price we quote includes removing all non-dangerous materials, including your old boiler and central heating parts we replace.
5. Any time frames we give you are our best estimates and we will do what we can to keep to those time frames. Where there are likely to be delays, we will let you know as soon as possible and agree new time frames with you. The time it takes us to complete the work has no effect on the price we quoted you.
6. We will take care to carry out the work without causing damage to your property. If we cause unnecessary damage because of negligence we will put it right. Sometimes we have to do extra work if we cannot use existing pipework or wiring to install the boiler, and this can cause damage to things like inside and outside finishing’s (for example, wall coverings and paint). You may need to redecorate, repair or restore certain areas once the work is completed. This is not included in the price we quoted and you will be responsible for this.
7. You will need to have an adequate gas and electricity supply to your property before we can start the work. We can put you in touch with a gas or electricity distribution company to arrange this if you need us to.
8. We will test your water supply pressure before we start work. As water supply rates can change, we cannot be responsible for your central heating system failing to work properly because your water supply becomes inadequate or keeps changing, unless we were negligent in how we tested your water pressure.
9. We cannot be responsible if we cannot meet our responsibilities because of things beyond our control including, for example, poor weather conditions, industrial disputes, strikes that we are not directly involved in or if we find that species (for example bats, birds, butterflies and dormice) or plants that could be subject to special protection are found to be present in your property.
a) Radiators finished in a hard stoved enamel and fitted to the agreed location. Each radiator will be fitted with one lock shield and one hand operated valve or thermostatic radiator valve and one air release valve.
11. TOWEL RAIL:
a) Towel rails will be fitted to agreed location. Each towel rail will be fitted with one lock shield and one hand operated valve and one air release valve.
a) To supply and fix a condensing conventional or combination boiler which is an appropriate kilowatt output for the house.
b) The boiler will be installed in accordance to manufactures instructions or Gas Safe regulations
a) Horizontal fan flue terminal, terminating on outside of an open wall. A terminal guard will be fitted if terminal is less than 2 meters from ground.
b) Vertical fan flue terminal, terminating on outside of roof space, with lead flashing.
c) All flues will be installed in accordance to manufactures instructions or Gas Safe Regulations
14. HOT WATER SYSTEM:
a) A suitable indirect copper cylinder will be supplied and installed on a pumped system. The cylinder will be fully insulated. The secondary side of the cylinder will be connected to a feed; vent and H.W. outlet pipes and a drain off cock will be provided for secondary feed.
b) A suitable indirect unvented cylinder will be supplied and installed on a pumped system. The cylinder will be fully insulated. The secondary side of the cylinder will be connected to a feed; vent and H.W. outlet pipes and a drain off cock will be provided for secondary feed.
a) Programmers installed in a suitable place.
b) Circulating Pump installed in a suitable place, (built in with system & combination boiler).
c) Hot water temperature control by one of the following:
i) Cylinder thermostat and one motorised valve on pumped circulation,
ii) Cylinder thermostat and three port motorised valve.
d) Room air temperature control by one of the following:
i) Room thermostat,
ii) Room thermostat and one motorised valve or diverter valve.
16. WATER FEED TO SYSTEM;
a) To supply and fit one 6 gallon feed and expansion tank in the loft space or on the wall on angled brackets or on top of fitted cupboard, a B.S.S. ball valve will be provided and overflow and feed pipes will he connected to the tank, A gate valve will be provided on the feed to the Central Heating System, overflow pipe will be of plastic.
b) to supply and fit one expansion vessel in suitable location and overflow and feed pipes will he connected to the vessel. A filling loop will be provided on the feed to the Central Heating System with a pressure gauge, overflow pipe will be of copper. (Vessel and gauge are built in on system & combination boilers)
16. GAS SUPPLY:
a) Extend gas supply from nearest suitable within premises and connect to the boiler through a gas cock. All gas connections to the Gas Safe standard.
17. ELECTRICAL SUPPLY & CONNECTION:
a) To Part P standards necessary electrical supply for the Central Heating will be connected from existing socket or point via 3 Amp fused plug or spurbox.
21. THE QUOTATION INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
a) Lifting and refixing of normal soft wood boards and laying down only carpet which we have lifted.
b) Clip up the open pipes and wire.
c) Plaster up the holes that are made by us.
d) After completion of installation work, to fill up the system with water by venting air from the radiators and system and check for any leaks.
e) Measure gas pressure and check for gas leaks.
f) Fire the boiler, check that the controls and boiler are working normally and satisfactorily. Explaining the use of controls to the customer (who should remain present on the day of completion of work).
g) Leaving the system in satisfactory working order.
h) Complete design of layout of pipes and fitting controls will be according to Ramki Heating’s plan.
i) The size of radiators are calculated on the basis of mayers calculators. The minimum temperatures of 21 C in a living room and 18 C in all other rooms should be obtained providing the following conditions are satisfied:
i. The boiler operating at 70 C flow temperature and at least for two
ii. hours at any one ‘on – period’ on programmer.
iii. The floors have some sort of covering and loft space insulated with at
iv. least 150mm thick fiberglass insulation.
v. There is no more than 1½ air change per hour in all rooms and hallway.
vi. The outside temperature is not less than 0 C.
Terms & conditions – Continued
18. CIRCULATING PIPES:
a) Copper or plastic pipes of sizes 28mm, 22mm, 15mm will be used throughout the house. Existing copper pipework will be used unless specifically requested at an additional cost. The pipes in the loft space and under ground floor board will be insulated with pipe lagging: these pipes will be run under floor boards where practical. The different sizes of pipes will he used according to the load required.
19. OPEN VENT TO THE CENTRAL HEATING SYSTEM:
a) Run open vent pipe of 22mm from the boiler and terminate above feed and expansion tank, if open vented system is required.
20. THE QUOTATION DOES NOT INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
a) The lifting of any special types of flooring e.g. tongued and grooved parquet, hard wood, hard boards, rubber or tiled floors. This work is best undertaken by a specialist.
b) The lifting or refixing of carpets or linoleum. Any floor coverings removed by us will be so removed and laid at the sole responsibility of the client.
c) Painting of radiators or pipework or redecoration and casing in of any pipe work or hiding in pipes or wires inside wall by making channels in the wall.
d) No additions to cold water or secondary services except those specified in extra work.
e) Ramki Heating does not accept any liability whatsoever for unavoidable damage caused by the disturbance of existing supplies, tank, cylinders or pipes.
f) Ramki Heating does not accept any responsibility for weak, rotten floor boards that break or split or any weak plaster that falls off during the installation work.
g) Ramki Heating do not collect any rubbish e.g. cardboard boxes, bricks, dust, steel tanks, etc.
h) All variations or alterations, even of position of radiators by the client after the date of this quotation are to be paid for as an extra by the client.
g) Where we have connected new equipment to your existing system, we cannot accept responsibility for the cost of repairing or replacing parts of your existing system that later develop faults, unless we have been negligent in not realising that this damage to your existing system would happen or unless the way we carried out the work was negligent and this caused the fault.
a) All materials used bear full guarantee of the Manufacturer. Our installation workmanship will be guaranteed against faulty workmanship for period of two years from the date of completion of installation.
a) When installing a new boiler it is recommended by Ramki and the manufacturer to carry out a power flush and install a magna clean. This will protect the boiler and enhance the performance of the heating system.
b) When making any changes to the heating system it is recommended to install a room thermostat and thermostatic radiator valves to bring the system to an energy efficient standard which complies with Building Regulation Part L.
c) A carbon monoxide detector is recommended by Ramki Heating and Gas safe for homeowners and especially landlords for tenanted properties to ensure safety in case of a carbon monoxide leak.
a) A nominal deposit of 20% on agreeing quotation and on delivery of the goods and remaining balance immediately on completion of the work, unless otherwise agreed in writing
b) If additional works are required Labour will be charged from £80 + VAT per hour..
a) You have a right to cancel a contract during a period of 14 calendar days from the day you agree on this notice. During that period if you choose to cancel the contract any money paid by you will be refunded. However, if you have already given written approval of the work to begin before the end of the cancellation period you may be required to pay for goods or services already provided.
b) If you wish to cancel the contract you must do so in writing and deliver personally or send (Which may be by electronic mail or post) to Ramki Heating.
c) The notice of cancellation is deemed to be served as soon as it is posted or in the case of an electronic communication from the day it is sent.
18. Your quote, together with these terms and conditions, sets out the entire agreement between you and us. Nobody else will be able to benefit from this agreement. This agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales.